Recorded at Van Gelder Studio in Hackensack, New Jersey, John Coltrane's Blue Train is a hard bob jazz album released on Blue Note in 1957. Certified
Gold, Blue Train is Coltrane's second solo album and the only one he recorded for Blue Note as a leader although he was never formally signed to the
label. Featured on the album are Coltrane on tenor sax with Lee Morgan on trumpet, Curtis Fuller on trombone, Kenny Drew on piano, Paul Chambers on
bass and Philly Joe Jones on drums. Blue Train will be reissued on vinyl as part of an overall Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was.
- Remastered and reissued as part of the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
- Vinyl initiative spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was, to include 100 essential Blue Note albums
- Includes special Blue Note 75 vinyl sleeve that features album cover art for 75 Blue Note titles
- First run of vinyl to include Blue Note 75th logo on back of package
- Key to the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign is to creation of high quality audio at an affordable price.
1- ''Blue Train''
2- ''Moment's Notice''
2- ''I'm Old Fashioned''
3- ''Lazy Bird''